Advantages of Prepaid Cell Phone Service
The technology that makes prepaid cell phones work may be the same as for contract cell phones, but the way prepaid service is sold and priced makes prepaid a better choice for most people. Here's why.
1. Prepaid Cell Phone Plans are Highly Customizable
Pre-paid plans come in a wide variety of flavors to suit anyone's needs and budget. For example:
- There are "pay-per-minute" prepaid plans that are good for people who don't use their phones very much (such as many older folks), but who want to have a cell phone for emergencies. These plans allow the user to purchase only as many minutes as they need, at very low cost.
- Other people use their cell phones all day for business, or use their cell phones as their primary or only phone. For these people, unlimited prepaid plans are the best deal because they can cost less than half of what unlimited service would cost with a conventional "contract" cell phone plan.
- There also are people who need heavy-duty wireless data capabilities on their phones because they use them for e-mail, Web browsing, picture messaging, and other data-intensive purposes. In just a few minutes, we can get you up and running with a state-of-the-art smart phone like a BlackBerry, Android, or iPhone, along with an unlimited voice / text / data plan -- at about half the monthly cost of a comparable "contract" plan.
Whatever the case, because we're independent and deal with a wide variety of providers, Sparkles Wireless can help you select the phone, plan, and carrier that best suit your needs. We answer only to our customers, not to any one particular company.
2. No Contracts, No Commitments, No Strings, No Nonsense
Traditional, contract-type cell phone service comes with a lot of strings attached. In return for a one-time discount on whatever phone they're pushing that month, they lock you into an overpriced plan for two years. If you want to cancel your service before that time is up, you get hit with a hefty "early-termination penalty."
That's not how it works with prepaid. When we talk about prepaid "plans," all we mean is the set of services that you need and how much you will pay for those services. There are no commitments, no contracts, and no strings attached. If you decide at some point that you no longer need the service, just stop paying the bill. It's that simple.
3. No Credit Checks
Many good people have had seriously financial problems in the past few years, and their credit's not as good as it could be. Conventional, contract-type cell phone plans require credit checks before you can get a phone; and if you're credit's not so great, the carriers can require huge up-front deposits of as much as $800.00.
Because prepaid plans are, well, prepaid, prepaid providers don't require credit checks or security deposits. You also don't have to provide a credit card number, Social Security number, driver's license number, or any other personal information if you don't want to.
4. No Surprises
With prepaid wireless service, you'll never be surprised by a cell phone bill that's higher than your rent or mortgage payment. With prepaid, you have complete control over your cell phone costs. You pay in advance for the services you want, and that's that. And if you have an unlimited prepaid plan, then you pay the same price, every month, regardless of how much you use your phone.
5. Lower Prices
Finally, prepaid cell phone plans are always less expensive per month than comparable contract plans. Part of the reason is because you purchase your phone up-front, part of the reason is that there are no billing expenses for the company, and part of the reason is that the company providing your service isn't taking any risks on you.
The end result is that prepaid plans, on average, cost about half what comparable contract plans cost every month. Some companies even offer loyalty plans, so that the longer you stay with them, the lower you monthly bill will get.
Lower prices, no commitments, and great service: Clearly prepaid is a better choice for most people, and Sparkles Wireless is the best choice for all your wireless needs in the College Point, Malba, and Whitestone neighborhoods. Please contact us today to start taking advantage of all that prepaid has to offer.